A Recipe Good for Your Heart
When you dine at Sticks Kebob Shop , it’s easy to be good to your heart. We’ve partnered with Sticks to identify heart-healthy menu items. And if you are a Club Red member, just show your membership card for 15% off your order – another way that dining at Sticks makes it easy to live red.
Why is Sticks helping you eat healthy when dining out?
Heart Disease is the No. 1 killer of women in the US. The good news? Heart disease is highly preventable with lifestyle changes, such as diet and exercise. Sticks provides quick, easy, healthful alternatives to fast food that can help you maintain a heart-healthy lifestyle on the go.
Registered dietitians with UVA’s Club Red Clinic evaluated Sticks’ menu options based on the American Heart Association’s guidelines for calories, total fat, saturated fat, sodium and dietary fiber.
If you’re looking for the most heart-healthy options, consider these delicious and Club Red Clinic-approved choices:
- Chili-Spiked Beef Sirloin
- Chicken Breast with Fresh Herbs
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
- Mixed Garden Vegetables with Basil Oil
- Roasted Eggplant Salad
- Marinated Grilled Veggie Salad
- Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad
- Cucumber-Yogurt sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper sauce
- Sesame Beans
- Pita Chips
- Grilled Flatbread
Tips to remember when eating out:
- Exercise portion control- it is your best defense against weight gain and heart disease.
- Select meals rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and low-fat dairy
- Take home any leftovers; it’s the heart-healthy way To Go .
Want nutritional information on the entire Sticks Kebob Shop menu? Visit stickskebobshop.com